[gNewSense-users] Weekly bugs stats and package freedom verification sta

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly bugs stats and package freedom verification status.
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:21:31 +0100

Hi, everybody.

It's that time of the week, again.

Bugs:

We have 33 open bugs, which means an increase of 1 from last week.

Package Freedom Verification:

We have 38 package sections that are 100% free, out of 104 package
sections, an increase of 7 from last week. Well done!

Birthday status ;-) :

We have one PFV contributor who is a year older than last week.  It's
his round, at the bar!  It would be rude to say who, but it rhymes
with Lee.

Some over sized package sections still need to be split-up, which will
change these figures slightly.

As you can see, we are making good progress, but we really need more
packages verifying.  For those existing PFV volunteers, if you have
finished verifying your sections, could you possibly consider adopting
another section?

For people on the list that would like to help, please email me or the
list, and we'll get you sorted out with a section that you could help
with.

I'm still trying to get 2 changes made to the bug reporting table, so
that I (or a volunteer) can help out with prioritizing the existing
good bug work that is being done.  it would be really helpful if these
2 changes could be applied.

If your package section is too big (30 or so packages), please split it up :-).

Could you please remember that the packages in the gNS repository are
the ones we are checking, not the ones listed in the Ubuntu
repository.  As you know, our aim is to have free packages, and many
of the Ubuntu ones don't fit in to this category.  Additionally, if
you try to check all the ones in the Ubuntu (changelog) repository,
you will be doing much needless work.

Many thanks for a good week. Let's hope for even better figures, next week.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/