[gNewSense-users] Documentation

From: Mark William Darbyshire
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Documentation
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:53:24 +1200

Hello everyone!

I've emailed Chris a couple of times about volunteering to be the
Overall Documentation Lead, and decided that (providing nobody else
particularly wants to) I'll do it.

Unless anyone objects or has some better suggestions, here is what I
plan to do soon:

 - Have a Documentation (or Docs?) section on the wiki devoted to
online documentation for gNS. At the moment there is a page at
Documentation/Documentation about what needs to be done in terms of
porting Ubuntu documentation to gNewSense; I think this page should be
moved elsewhere so that the Documentation section can be used for
Documentation (unless anyone thinks another section name, such as
Docs, would be better...)

 - Create a Documentation contents table at
Documentation/Documentation (similar information to what's currently
at Main/UserGuides, but in a logical and easy-to-follow table format
which categorises documentation pages based on topic and desktop
environment).

 - Move existing documentation to the Documentation section, clean it
up and list it in the table I'll make at Documentation/Documentation

 - Write more documentation!

Are people fine with this? Does anyone have some suggestions? Is
anyone already in the process of doing something with the
documentation? If everybody's fine with this I'll put my name down as
Overall Documentation Lead at Main/CurrentProjects in a couple of
days.

Regards,
Mark.

--
Mark William Darbyshire

http://markdarb.googlepages.com/
Jabber/Google Talk: address@hidden

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of
the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." - John 3:5

God can prove himself to you - http://www.revivalfellowship.org

Please don't send me Microsoft Office files -
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.

Don't get Windows or Mac, get GNU/Linux - http://www.getgnulinux.org
http://www.fsf.org http://www.gnu.org