Re: [gNewSense-users] Request for file permission help.

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Request for file permission help.
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:29:48 -0400

Personally, as easy as it supposedly makes migration, I've found from
experience that migrating /home across distros, or even installs of
the same distro, almost always fails. ;(

I've begun tarballing my files and moving them; permission preserved
and system settings (anything not pretaining ot my "theme", for
instance) set by the distro to avoid conflicts.

As to your specific problem, I'm not sure... It appears as if you're
covering your bases, but perhaps the chmod isn't affecting .* files?

cd /home; chown -R chris:chris /home/chris/.*; chmod -R u+rw /home/chris/.*; ?