Re: [gNewSense-users] GFDL

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GFDL
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 20:33:32 +0100

Tryggvi Björgvinsson wrote:

But, if I understand you correctly, the "no invariant" makes the license
free. How come the packages are named for example automake1.9-nonfree.
I imagine this is a debianism
to check this out why not download the packages you want

apt-cache policy packagename

this tells you where it is from and what its name is

then make a directory

lets say:

/home/user/Desktop/test-packagename

then in a terminal on desktop

dpkg -x test-packagename/.
cd test-packagename

wander about it all and check licences and see what hops out

I imagine it is naming based on GFDL and there is nothing we can do about that without serious hackage on lots of packages.

Trying to figure it out by myself the "no invariant" makes it possible
to change the contents (freedom 3).
correct
P.