Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: PVF and The BSD License Problem

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: PVF and The BSD License Problem
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:04:11 +0100

I should have said that I'm, using gmail as my MUA.

Cheers,

Chris.

On 20/08/07, Yavor Doganov <address@hidden > wrote:
Lee McCafferty wrote:

> [...] but contains a version of the "obnoxious BSD advertising
> clause" (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html).  [...] Do we
> consider this to be a problem or not?

If you read this article carefully, it talks about a practical problem
that is particularly inconvenient for distributions.  There is no
doubt that the Original BSD license is a free software license
(although not recommended because of this clause which also makes it
GPL-incompatible).

If the article is not clear and fails to convey this information,
please write to <address@hidden>, possibly describing what lead
to this confusion.

P.S .  Wishlist: It would be very nice if the "PVF" folks stop sending
messages in HTML.  It may appear to you that it's fancier and more
helpful to the readers, but the reality is exactly the opposite.