Re: [gNewSense-users] is gNewSense Feisty or Dapper equivalent?

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] is gNewSense Feisty or Dapper equivalent?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:56:28 -0400

On 7/26/07, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had the same issue with other aps.  Which release of Ubuntu is an updated
> gNewSense equivalent to.  Feisty Fawn?
> Which repos should I use?

Dapper

--
Regards,
Dave

Ok. I tried dapper, but that did not work for me. I added

deb http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/miro/linux/repositories/ubuntu dapper/

to my sources, and did an apt-get update before trying to install.
Look what happened:

address@hidden:/home/andrei# apt-get install miro
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  miro: Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.12.3) but 1.12.2-0ubuntu3 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
address@hidden:/home/andrei# apt-get install libpango1.0-0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libpango1.0-0 is already the newest version.
address@hidden :/home/andrei#

should I try commenting out this repo and try with

deb http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/miro/linux/repositories/ubuntu feisty/

or not?

Thanks for any help,

Andrei