[gNewSense-users] gobuntu or gnewsense?

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gobuntu or gnewsense?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:52:30 +0100

Hi, all.

I currently try to recruit gNS followers and assist (where necessary) to verify the freedom of packages in gNewsense (gNS).

Recently, I have sent emails to try to ascertain the relationship status between gobuntu and gNS.  This seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

To clarify my concerns; I am a little worried that the two distros have similar (if not the same (perhaps any diff could be clarified)) aims. I feel that people who may want to contribute to either distro, are not sure of the way forward, and for this reason do not want to commit any (possibly) wasted time.

From a personal perspective, I need to know what the difference between the two objectives is, so that I and others can make a concerted effort on whatever distro is closest to a personal preference.

This is not a mutinous email, I simply would like to know what is going on, as both email lists and the IRC are worryingly quiet.  Can anybody comment, or doesn't anybody care?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Chris.