Re: [gNewSense-users] Completing your gNS user profile.

From: Lee McCafferty
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Completing your gNS user profile.
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 02:20:06 +0100

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 21:54 +0100, Michael Stevens wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 09:40:55PM +0100, Chris Andrew wrote:
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > As you know, it is really helpful if people put a few details about
> > themselves in their user profile, ideally an email address, too.  Some
> > people haven't done this, which makes chasing bugs a little more difficult.
> > It is sometimes preferable when trying to resolve bugs, to contact somebody
> > directly, rather than mailing the whole list about a specific issue.
> >
> > It would be really helpful if the following people could populate their user
> > profile (it's easy and takes 2 seconds!).
> >
> > tedt, greenone, odla, Andrew Wigglesworth, mstevens, adhoc, jon, d,
> > aanderse, mjr, lostsouldark, magnus, abattis, dbe, yarvin, serras,
> > ninjaspydr, rkamens, Peter Garrett, ingvildr, dkirov, bbaston, ArjunShankar,
> > Malcohol
> >
> > Some assistance (written by Brian) can be found on this
> > page<http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain>
> > .
>
> I'd love to, but I'm having trouble finding the user profile part of
> the wiki. All I can see on that link is stuff about package freedom
> verification?
>
> Michael

If you enclose your username in square brackets [[name]], it will create
a profile page that you can fill out.  To link back to this page in
later edits bracket your username again but prefix the name with a tilde
[[~name]]. This is how I created my profile and it seems to work fine.

Lee

ps- If you have already received a similar mail I apologize as I sent
one earlier but did not see it appear on the list so have re-sent it.