[gNewSense-users] guys - I really need an mp3 encoder.

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: [gNewSense-users] guys - I really need an mp3 encoder.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:24:53 -0400

Dear friends,

I am badly in need of a mp3 encoder.  Its not my choice, its something I need to edit mp3 files with Audacity and them re-save them as mp3s.  For myself, I only use ogg, but the person I need to send these files to is on Windows and, logically,  totally computer-illiterate.  I cannot just tell them to install an ogg plugin to whatever player they uses (probable Windows Media Player for all I know).

Isn't there a free mp3 encoder out there?  After all, a free encoder could be used to encode into a non-free format, no?

Of course, I can use a Ubuntu live CD, but I really would prefer doing it all with gNewSense.

Any suggestions,

Andrei