[gNewSense-users] PFV's with suspected non-free packages.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] PFV's with suspected non-free packages.
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 20:32:30 +0100

Hi, all.

I was just raising a bug report for another package issue, and it reminded me of the following:

If you are trying to determine a package's copyright and freedom, you can a) Google the package and find it's homepage, or b) Have a look on Sourceforge for information on the licence.

These may be good starting points, but remember packages can (and do) change licences with different released versions of the software.  For example version 1.0 could use the MIT licence, and version 1.1 could use GPLv2.

Hope this helps.

Happy hunting.

Cheers,

Chris.