[gNewSense-users] Outstanding bugs.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Outstanding bugs.
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 23:58:32 +0100

Hi, all.

This page summarises the current situation with open bugs.

This page gives a detailed breakdown of the individual bugs.

Out of the 35 open bugs, 7 need further information.  It would appear that many of these do not have good contact details for the people that filed the bug reports.  In my opinion, somebody else either needs to adopt these bugs, or we need to decide whether to close them.  What I'm trying to say is that the bugs can't _need information_ indefinitely.

With regard to the other 28 open bugs, it seems that things have been quiet for a while.  I know that this isn't because _we can't be bothered_, but it's because we're all trying to do other stuff.  Can I just ask that if you get a chance, you have a look at the bug list, and see whether you are able to offer any help or suggestions.  Most bugs rely on simple input from users (that's us), and I'm sure if we get our heads together, we'll be able to close some down.

As I mentioned before, I have devised a bug summary. This had to go on this page, because it gets really difficult to mess with the bugs page, unless you have _super-powers_.  On this note (Brian), would it be possible to have two new columns on the bug page, one which allows the date of the last bug update to be entered and another to show who the bug is currently assigned to?  This would allow us to easily track work being done, without opening each bug, in-turn.

I've just been looking at bug 00014, can this be closed following the recent work?

Hopefully this email will stimulate some bug interest.

Cheers,

Chris.