Re: [gNewSense-users] Sparc port

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Sparc port
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:28:23 +0930

Brian Brazil wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Chris Andrew <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> I know it's not part of the project objectives, but does anybody know
>> whether it would be difficult to make a Sparc (32 and/or 64 bit) port of

sparc32 = waste of time (ubuntu dont support it, debian are likely about
to drop it).
ive been thinking about a sparc64... when we get a multiarch builder,
i'm sure it will happen.

>> gNS?
>
> About as difficult as any other arch. Finding hardware will probably
> be the most fun part (unless someone gets cross-compiling going).

i have hardware, but i'd rather crosscompile.
kk

--
Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org