[gNewSense-users] Package Freedom Verification.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Package Freedom Verification.
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:04:28 +0100

All,

In an effort to move things on a bit, I've volunteered myself for more _package freedom verification_.   You will note that I have picked letters with lower package counts.  This was intentional.  Once we have more people to help, I will happily relinquish control of some/ most of these package groups.

Once again, I have to sing the praises of Lee for the excellent work he has done.  I notice (as I'm sure you all have), that he has also taken on more packages.

Can I please ask those that have volunteered to help with the package freedom verification, that they give a status update, on the main package page.

For example:

(I'm sure the formatting will get screwed-up in the email)

Main ddennisk  Adopted 01 Jun 07.  75% complete (date of this update).

If this is thought to be a good way to do it, then perhaps it can be incorporated in to Lee's _Package Checking Guide_.

Cheers, all.

Chris.