[gNewSense-users] gNewSense for PowerPC?

From: Larry Cafiero
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense for PowerPC?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:42:29 -0700

Hi, all --

Just wondering (and maybe this is a question for Karl Goetz, if he's on this list): I visited http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/PowerpcPortStatus  and was wondering if there has been any progress (or if there is any intention to continue at all) with a PowerPC version of gNewSense.

Also, in broader terms, I am wondering if there is even an interest in developing gNewSense for PowerPC machines.

I have just started taking programming courses -- I'm a journalist by profession who someday hopes to program (and hack, in the true, Stallman-esque sense of the word) -- so I'd be willing to do whatever I can to help with PowerPC development, with the caveat that I currently lack experience (but am also a fast learner). Along with being a FOSS evangelist, I am a longtime Mac user dedicated to the hardware (because it is the best, in my opinion), and I'm currently running Xubuntu 7.04 and 6.10 on multiple iMacs and PowerMacintosh G3s at home.

[Also, on another note, I just "liberated" a Dell Optiplex desktop from work, on which I plan to install gNewSense over the weekend.]

Larry Cafiero
Editor/Publisher
Open Source Reporter
http://www.opensourcereporter.net