Re: [gNewSense-users] Problems with GUI

From: Dean Linkous
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problems with GUI
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:37:04 -0700

From: "Markus Laire" <address@hidden>
Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:54:37 +0300

>I didn't do any changes as I started directly from the gNewSense-CD.
>
>Can I do these tests when starting from gNewSense-CD?
>
>--
>Markus Laire

I am not real familar with running from a liveCD but I assume you could make
changes to the config and restart X without it killing everything.

At the very least you should be able to use the xforcevesa option to start the
liveCD.
Boot the liveCD and at the prompt type in
linux xforcevesa
and hit enter

Dean Linkous

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com