Re: [gNewSense-users] OFTC?

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] OFTC?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:47:38 +0100

On 6/14/07, Daniel Boza <address@hidden> wrote:
I must say at first I didn't agree with Patrick posting messages about the
problem he had at Freenode, it wasn't the place. But I totally agree with
you in the last message about changing from Freenode to OFTC and I think
bbrazil and ompaul are not being flexible with this topic, which endanger
the purpose of gnewsense. What Patricks says is totally valid and I know
ompaul works at freenode, but the ideal comes first, we have to be critics
of ourselves first. What have become a proposal is now a critical change we
need to make to validate our little movement.

I think we should vote for this, but don't vote for fanatism to freenode or
OFTC really think on the arguments.

This has really gone far enough, and has gotten way offtopic. Which
IRC network we use is not a core aspect of this project, which is
non-free firmware. I'd suggest that those who feel strongly about this
divert their energies to other areas such as bugs, features or freedom
verification (which Chris is PMing nicely).

This topic is closed, I want to see no more of it.

Brian