Re: [gNewSense-users] OFTC?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] OFTC?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:33:23 +0930

rek2GNU/Linux wrote:
> Hi, I don't check the list to much because Iam very very busy with
> BinaryFreedom lately,
> today is Sunday and I am reading a couple emails, I notes you guys are
> talking about moving to OFTC? this is official? Paul? Brian? Karlz? what
> is your input?
> I don't really mind, actually to have it on OFTC will be better for me
> because we have the BinaryFreedom channel there and I will be able to
> participate on IRC more.
>
> Thanks
> Chris Fernandez

I see no reason to shift.
Its known: you get enough people into once place [freenode irc] and some
people wont be happy with the 'service', for whatever reason.
You (someone) will also have problems on other networks, so its not like
moving is going to stop us having problems [1].

Also, i note with amusement we could take this as a sign we have 'made
it': Ubuntu took 1.5-2 years before people publicly started wanting to
move network, debian ... well... debian moved at debian speed :)
kk

[1] i have not had *any* major problems on freenode, past the odd netsplit.