Re: [gNewSense-users] Translations Protocol

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Translations Protocol
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:54:56 +0930

Paul O'Malley wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>> Daniel Boza wrote:
>>> [RFR] (Request For Review)
>>>
>>>   This is used when the translation is finished and you are requesting
>>> others to review it. Sometimes a RFR2 can follow if big chances have been
>>> made to the document. If a person who reviewed the document didn't find any
>>> mistakes he should tell so.
>> I don't think we need a review every time.  That could be overkill, and
>> there's always the option of removing/revising a bad translation later.
>>
>> Matt Flaschen
> Just a couple of thoughts on this thing:
> General guidelines for the gNewSense site are as follows:
> While on wiki it is beta, when "stable" it is on www?

as far as translations for the main part of the site go that idea is fine.

> If we get people to "read and check your work" and gpg sign it perhaps
> then it should be moved to the www.

gpg signing sounds like a lot of work, i'd think just as effective is
someone adding their name to to the bottom of the page basically saying
'i reviewed this and i find its acceptable'

--
Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org