[gNewSense-users] Thank you Michel!

From: Ringo Kamens
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Thank you Michel!
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 22:52:58 -0400

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I have sent this to five mailing lists because I believe it is very
important. Please forward it to friends and other lists if you can. As
many of you have heard in the news recently, there is one man who has
single-handedly written GNU/Linux drivers for 352 different webcams.
That's right: three hundred fifty-two. He has received almost  no
recognition for his work and no compensation so we as members of the
GNU/Linux and free software movement want to thank him. Instead of
filling his inbox, we thought we would send a letter with all of his
supporter's names attached. Here is
a man who has tackled a major problem facing GNU/Linux and instead of
looking it and say "I'll just put in on my Windows box" decided to
take matters into his own hands. Please add your name to the list of
people who appreciate his work

Dear Michel,

This letter is being sent to you on behalf of the GNU/Linux and Free
Software communities by the team at Binary Freedom
(binaryfreedom.info). We know that you haven't received much
recognition for your work until recently when the media picked up the
story. We also did not know about the contributions you had made to
the community by writing all the webcam drivers that you did. We honor
you for the countless hours of work you have put into making
widespread GNU/Linux adoption a reality. Instead of just "putting it
on your other box" you took the problem head on and wrote drivers for
the entire community. Many people complain that GNU/Linux doesn't
offer good hardware support and now those claimed are weaker. In the
past 2-3 years, we have seen hardware support on GNU/Linux systems
grow by leaps and bounds. Now with the widespread adoption of
GNU/Linux systems is becoming apparent that yes, we can take the
entire market and drive Microsoft into the ground. Without hackers
like you, this wouldn't have happened and for that we thank you. So
from all of us in the community, we would like to thank you for your
tireless work.
Sincerely,
The Undersigned
Comrade Ringo Kamens

Please become the undersigned by sending an email to
address@hidden with your Name/Handle, City, and Country along
with a personal comment if you choose. (we will then compile the
emails and send it to him). Current list of signers at
http://wiki.binaryfreedom.info/index.php/Petition
In Solidarity,
Comrade Ringo Kamens