Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?

From: Mitch Wiedemann
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:59:14 -0400

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell wrote:
>> Canonical's move (if it happens) can hardly be put in the same category.
>>

> I'm not trying to be facetious, but I can't imagine why not.

Perhaps it's a matter of relativity.  Canonical, while creating a more
free version of their product is at the same time creating a less-free
version.  Why should they get props from the FSF for making people less
free than they were the version before?

Java is moving in a forward direction:  Less free --> more free.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
Ithaca Free Software Association http://ithacafreesoftware.org