Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:06:14 -0400

This is not an official responce, but I asked Paul about this as soon
as I read the announcement on Ubuntu-devel.

As of now, there is no news. The gNS developers have been invited to
UDS to see what can and can't be done together; beyond that there's
not news because nothing is happening.

However, if Ubuntu should do this, gNewSense will continue to exists
as it's own project; Canonical run Ubuntu as a commercial distro that
includes non-Free content; gNewSense is, and will continue to be,
about Freedom. The goals are not the same, and one projects can't
incorporate the other, but there can be a lot of sharing and
co-operation that results in greater Freedom for both parties.

-Kevin