Re: [Fwd: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense based on Feisty]

From: Alejandro Serrano
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense based on Feisty]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 06:51:09 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe continuing with this math-naming scheme we could use 'espsilon' instead
of 'delta', which is the next letter in the Greek alphabet and also has the
meaning of 'small change'. Maybe f-epsilon then? ;-)

Alejandro

PS: Really deltad sounds better than both deltaf and f-epsilon

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Alejandro Serrano wrote:
>
>> - config: changed the name of the release to 'deltad2'
> Not to quibble, but we probably want a unique name that starts with f.
> How about fluctuation?
>
> Other than that, good work!
>
> Matt Flaschen

Oooo... another name-game.

Paul O'Malley's wrote on 30/03/07 (explaining what deltad means):

> delta d
> in maths a delta is a finite increment
> measure a change d here the d1
> the letter d came from dapper from upstream

- From this explanation I would guess that the correct name of a Feisty
based version should be deltaf.

/Tryggvi

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com