Re: [gNewSense-users] Strange find behavior

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Strange find behavior
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 04:16:37 -0400

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>    The basename command is executed and the result is placed  on the
>    command line. What you are running is:
>
> find -name "*.c" -exec echo {} \;

Thank you.  I should have figured that out.

>    Why don't you want to use a script? That's the logical way to do it.

If I made a full-out script myself, I'll have to remake it everywhere I
go.  However, I figured out how to work 'rename' (man rename), which is
apparently a simple Perl script designed for this.  It won't be
everywhere, but it's worth knowing.

Everywhere else, I'll use:

for f in $(ls *.cpp); do mv $f $(basename $f .cpp).c ; done

Not too hard.