Re: [gNewSense-users] Playing DVDs with Totem and VLC

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Playing DVDs with Totem and VLC
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:50:57 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
> Guy Johnston wrote:
>> Hi, I can't play DVDs in gNewSense using Totem (the default GStreamer
>> version) or VLC. I've installed libdvdcss in the default locations in
>> /usr/local/, and in /usr/, and I can play DVDs with the xine version of
>> Totem, the xine GUI programme, Kaffeine and Gxine. Does anyone know what
>> might be causing this problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Havent i seen this question come past already in the last few days?
> tried installing from a pre-packaged deb?
> kk
>
>> Guy

Yes, I asked it a few days ago, but I haven't seen a response (unless I
deleted it by accident), so I decided to ask it again. I'll try to find
a pre-packaged deb file? Do you have any ideas where I can get one from?
I've remembered there's a script somewhere on the Ubuntu site that you
can use to download libdvdcss. I assume it just compiles and installs it
from the official site as I've already done, but I might as well check
it out.

Thanks

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office files - see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.