Re: [gNewSense-users] GPL Java

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GPL Java
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 06:54:07 -0400

Tin Tin wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I would like to ask when would GPL-ed Java be appearing in gNewSense
> repository?

My guess is, when it appears in Ubuntu, which will be after it appears
in Debian, which will be after it all really goes GPL. :)  So far, only
the compiler and VM have been released.  These aren't much use without
the class libraries (I don't think the compiler can compile with
Classpath), so we're waiting on them.  Supposedly, all the code should
be released in the first half of this year (i.e. within a few months).
Java is huge (albeit structured), so packaging may take a little while.

Matt Flaschen