[gNewSense-users] Konqueror asks the user to install nonfree software

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Konqueror asks the user to install nonfree software
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:35:14 +0000

Hi,

I've noticed that when you visit a web page with Flash animations in
Konqueror, a message appears which reads "No plugin found for 'Shockwave
Flash Media'. Do you want to download one from www.macromedia.com?". As
this is offering to install proprietary software, I think that should be
removed in gNewSense. I assume this wouldn't have the same trade mark
problems as doing that in Firefox, because as far as I know the KDE
people don't demand that you get their permission to modify Konqueror
without changing the name. Should I write a bug report for this?

Thanks,

Guy

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office files - see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.