Re: [gNewSense-users] Issues with BurningDog

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Issues with BurningDog
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:14:34 +0000

Tin Tin wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am currently using gNewSense KDE 1.1 and I installed the gNewSense
> version of Firefox, BurningDog. The installation went fine but
> BurningDog was not added automatically to the K Menu. This behavior is
> unlike Ubuntu.
>
> In addition, after I had added a shortcut to BurningDog on my panel, I
> was browsing through the variety of icons when I spotted one with the
> Mozilla Firefox logo and named "firefox". The icon was not free, so
> why is it included with gNewSense?
>
> Below is a screenshot:
>
> http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnuaj0.jpg
>

> Regards
> Koh Choon Lin
> Singapore GNU Group

As far as I know, the default KDE icons in Ubuntu (and maybe KDE in
general) include the official Firefox logo (though I think it's an old
version of it). I agree that it should be removed from gNewSense as its
nonfree, though I don't know how easy it would be to do that without
removing the other KDE icons. Maybe someone should report it as a bug on
the gNewSense site.

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office files - see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.