Re: [gNewSense-users] Genscripts

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Genscripts
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:49:47 -0400

Kevin M. Dean wrote:
> I think the main reason is because nobody's had the time to sit down and
> make the package comply with Debian policy.
>
> Also, the gNS kernels are processed with Builder, which rather than
> being tidy, is designed to work. Builder is still in beta, this may be a
> hold-over from that.

Right now, I'm trying to change the konqueror start page so it
references gNewSense documentation, rather than kubuntu docs.  (The next
step would be to modify kubuntu docs to produce said gNewSense docs).
The problem is, kubuntu's kde package already modifies this start page
in a debian/patches file, and genscripts run before these patches are
processed.

I guess the solution is to make the genscript generate a new
debian/patch dynamically, which will then be applied after this one?

Matt Flaschen