|Subject:||Re: [gNewSense-users] Tips for installing on old machines|
|Date:||Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:27:35 -0500|
I know that gnewsense doesn't yet have a "alternate" or minimum
install for computers with low ram/graphics/cpu or that don't have the
right drivers. I had to do the alternate for my computer so here's how
you can do it do.
1. Boot the live cd, hit the red button in the top right, select logout
2. Go to icon in bottom left, select the "Gnome Failsafe Terminal" session
3. Login as username deltad (or root), no password
4. type cd /home/deltad/Desktop in the terminal
5. type cat ubiq* in the terminal
6. You should see a line near the bottom that starts with gksudo
7. Copy that line verbatim and hit enter
8. The install will start.
9. If for some reason it doesn't restart properly, wait 30 seconds
(for hd buffers+cache to clear), and then type halt OR go to the power
button on the top right and hit restart. You can also just pull the
plug (atleast on my HP laptop)
I hope this helps some people because installing was a real bitch for me.
gNewSense-users mailing list
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|