Re: [gNewSense-users] EUPL

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] EUPL
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 00:51:30 -0500

Paulo Gomes wrote:
> I thought gNewSense users and developers might be
> interested in this. Should software released under this licence be
> considered free software?

Don't think so.  Most importantly, it says: "The new version of the
Licence becomes binding for You as soon as You become aware of its
publication."  They could make the license proprietary and everyone
would suddenly lose rights to existing copies.  Also, it claims you need
permission just to use the software.  It is convertible to several free
licenses, but of course that could change at any time.

Matthew Flaschen