Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: beryl

From: Jay
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: beryl
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:51:02 -0500

Thank you for the insight Kevin.

On 2/22/07, Kevin Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm not sure what the xorg-air package is, but if it's xorg+AIGLX then
it SHOULD all be Free Software, but really, you'll only know that by
grabbing the packages and looking at the license.

AIGLX was merged into Xorg as of 7.1, so it IS Free Software. Beryl
itself is also Free Software.

I'm assuming (though, here is the danger) that the patches in that
repo are also Free Software themselves.

As a side note, if you're familiar enough to do it, grabbing Beryl
from CVS might actually be a bit more fun, often you get the latest
features and the greatest visual effects.