Re: [gNewSense-users] Fluxbox in gnewsense?

From: Vim Visual
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Fluxbox in gnewsense?
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:55:44 +0100

PS: And of course it's _extremely_ fast. The whole wm is ~150KB :)

2007/2/22, Vim Visual <address@hidden>:
Hi,

I recently had the same "problem" and spent some time looking for a
wm. I've tried many of them and in my case there are two winners, if
you feel comfortable with your keyboard. I'm talking about the
dynamical wm wmii and ion

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-cpion.html

http://tnemeth.free.fr/ion/

http://modeemi.fi/~tuomov/ion/

But wmii is probably better. Check it out yourself.
They are based on the same philosophy behind this article

http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/581/

"Since I can only see what I'm working on at this moment, I have to
make the choice to go to something else. I can't be distracted by text
in an X-Chat window behind this one, or by buddies appearing and
disappearing in the Gaim window in the corner. If someone messages me,
centericq will play a sound; I don't need to watch IM obsessively. If
I'm distracted, it's because my mind is distracted by a thought of
something else, not because of a flash of color in the periphery of my
vision.

Since there's nothing to tweak, I'm not tempted to endlessly fidget
with my windows and reconfigure my window manager, moving this window
a bit to the left and that one to desktop two instead of four. I don't
get bored with a theme and spend 45 minutes looking for a new one. "

But seemingly the author ended up using wmii too :)

Give it a try

Cheers,

Pau