[gNewSense-users] eepro100 does not 'attach' to eth0

From: keith
Subject: [gNewSense-users] eepro100 does not 'attach' to eth0
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:00:57 -0800 (PST)

Hey Everyone,
I've tried various "hacks" and "work arounds" for this problem.  I have a
Dell Inspiron 2200 and I just installed gNewSense 1.1.  When it boots it
won't load the eepro100 module that is needed for the Intel built-in
ethernet.  No biggie so I just run `modprobe eepro100` however running
`ifconfig` will show only the loopback. After that I tried running
`ifconfig eth0 up` still no dice, it gives an error that is along the
lines of it's not a real device.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Keith