Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian User. Is there a need to move to gNS?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian User. Is there a need to move to gNS?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:18:52 +0000

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> wrote:
> MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:
> > Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>
> >> ...and not two sentences later you start fanning the flames
> >> yourself.
> >
> > Huh?  It's not flame-fanning ...
>
> If refering to something using derogatory terms is not flaming, then I
> lack some fundamental understanding of what flaming is.
>
> I'm sure that people who like the FDL do not enjoy someone refering to
> it as "adware". Therefore they might become upset when reading such a
> reference.

The bug is in the reader then: I don't mean adware as derogatory or a
flame.  I mean it as a matter of fact.  I think it's fair to summarise
a manual whose licence requires reproduction of certain adverts as
an adware manual.

However, if the FDL's ability to require irremovable and unchangeable
adverts upsets someone, they shouldn't be using those FDL'd items.

Hope that explains,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.