Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Burningdog crash - need help

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Burningdog crash - need help
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:22:34 +1030

Ringo Kamens wrote:
> You'll need to do apt-get remove firefox

perhaps even --purge remove

> apt-get install firefox
>
> This is one of my MAJOR gripes with gnewsense. Don't call it "firefox"
> in the repositories if it isn't.

its that or create a metapackage 'firefox' which conflicts with the old
one, but this way seems easier (to me, not being the person doing the
packaging).

>> address@hidden:/home/andrei# apt-get -s install burningdog
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree... Done
>> E: Couldn't find package burningdog
>> address@hidden:/home/andrei#
>>
>> but:
>>
>> address@hidden:/home/andrei# which burningdog
>> /usr/bin/burningdog
>> address@hidden:/home/andrei#
>>
>> why does apt-get not see burningdog?  what am I missing?

dpkg -S burningdog should help you find out :)

Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org
Australian Ubuntu users team - http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam
User of Debian, The Universal Operating System - http://www.debian.org