[gNewSense-users] I recomend the reading of this article on the BBC is a

From: rek2GNU/Linux
Subject: [gNewSense-users] I recomend the reading of this article on the BBC is a wake up call for all of us!!
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:34:20 -0600

BBC columnist Bill Thompson warns readers that new DRM technology, especially that found in Vista, is damaging the freedoms that the internet was based on. "The freedom of _expression_ that was once available to users of the Internet Protocol is being stripped away. Our freedom to play, experiment, share and seek inspiration from the creative works of others is increasingly restricted so that large companies can lock our culture down for their own profit. [...] governments and corporations around the world are making a concerted effort to dismantle the open internet and replace it with a regulated and regulable one that will allow them to impose an 'architecture of control.'"