Re: [gNewSense-users] [Off Topic] Will you be getting Microsoft Vista?

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [Off Topic] Will you be getting Microsoft Vista?
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:07:56 -0800 (PST)

Max Moritz Sievers wrote:
> Icecast is capable of streaming Theora video:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theora#Streaming_Theora

Is this used anywhere?
It's just that the Icecast web site says, "Icecast, the project, is a
collection of programs and libraries for
streaming audio over the Internet." It never talks about streaming video.

Not that I don't believe that Icecast is able to do this, but I've never seen
any on-demand Ogg Theora stream on the web. Whenever Ogg Theora is provided as
an alternative to a RealMedia or Windows Media stream, there's just an .ogg
file to download.

Kind Regards,
M.F.

Need Mail bonding?