Re: [gNewSense-users] what about a gNewSense *DVD*?

From: Dennis Kibbe
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] what about a gNewSense *DVD*?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:36:29 -0700

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 08:45 -0500, andrei raevsky wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I was wondering if Paul, Brian or somebody else could make a DVD
> release of gNewSense.

Can I retract my earlier post? <g>  What I suggested isn't what you want.

Actually, all you would need is to create a DVD with the extra
packages and point the Synaptic Package Manager to it.  You can do that
under Settings/Repositories and click on the "Add CDROM" button.

So the initial install would be from the regular CD ISO and then any
additional packages would come from the DVD.

Of course, you'd probable still need the Net for security updates.

Dennisk
--
Phoenix Linux Users Group
"Penguins in the desert"