Re: [gNewSense-users] Project Logo idea

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Project Logo idea
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:58:15 -0600

Dave Crossland wrote:
I cooked up a 'modernist' logo idea for gNewSense for fun tonight:

http://flickr.com/photos/davelab6/373863916/

I tried visiting this page and I see a login page. Perhaps you could host the pictures somewhere that doesn't expire or require an account? Does this mailing list allow small attachments?

Comments good or bad welcome :-)

What fonts are you using? I suggest using only fonts licensed to us under free software licenses. It is rather ironic that some free software projects pick non-free fonts for their logos, not only in its own right but ironic in a practical sense as well. Invariably someone needs to create the logo anew but they don't have the non-free font they need to do the job.