Re: [gNewSense-users] Upgrading from Dapper

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Upgrading from Dapper
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:26:07 +0000

On 25/01/07, Dean Linkous <address@hidden> wrote:
>From: address@hidden
>
>Question:
>    Will this remove all the ubuntu artwork, logos, splash screens and such?
>Are there any non-free leftovers with method?

The current method http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/UpgradingFromUbuntuDapper
looks like it will leave the ubuntu-kernel, as well as linux-restricted-modules
and may leave some artwork around also.

This was true, I didn't do the last reboot until this morning because
I was in the middle of other things :-)

I've updated the wiki with the following final line:

$ sudo apt-get remove --purge linux-restricted-* nvidia-kernel-common

--
Regards,
Dave