[gNewSense-users] Zydas ZD1211 driver

From: Victor Rafael Rivarola Soerensen (FANATICO y LOCO por Cristo)
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Zydas ZD1211 driver
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 01:28:10 -0300

I have one of such cards. I really need t know if gNewSense will work
with it before I download the multi hundred megabyte ISO at 6-7 Kbps.
Searching threw the archives of this list I have found at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-users/2007-01/msg00048.html
a post that basically says "maybe".

The card is currently working under Mandriva 2007 Free. I have also
seen it working under Fedora Core 6 and Ubuntu 5. So, I know for sure
it will work under Linux. But will it work under gNewSense?

So, how do I find out if the binary blob is being used and it will
therefore not work with gNewSense? If I recompile the stock kernel,
will it work under gNewSense? I was not able to do it under Ubuntu
6.10.

Thank you,

Victor Rivarola

--
FANÁTICO
"Por cuanto eres tibio, y no frío ni caliente, te vomitaré de mi boca."

LOCO
"Porque la Palabra de la Cruz es locura para los que se pierden; pero a
los que se salvan, esto es, a nosotros, es poder de Dios."
1 Corintios 1:18