[gNewSense-users] newcomer's greetings

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: [gNewSense-users] newcomer's greetings
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:04:52 -0500

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to say hello to everybody, introduce myself, and ask
when/if guys use the #gNewSense IRC.  I 'stopped by' a couple of times
and there was a peaceful silence and little more.  It was during the
evening of the US Eastern Time (I live in Florida).  Are most of you
in Europe (where I originally come from), Africa or Asia or is the
gNewSense community still really that small? ;-)

Either way - the gNewSense community is getting a new member with me
this afternoon as I am about to make a HD install of gNewSense on my
main computer.

A couple of words about myself: I am a happy Debian-Sarge user, but I
also tried the Debian-Sid-based Kanotix distro for my main computer
but this distro seems pretty much dead right now.  So I needed to
switch and gNewSense came out.   Since I fully support the values
behind gNewSense and since I wrote a short review of it for
distrowatch (http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070108#reviews)
and I will now make it my main distro.

I wonder how the Ubuntu/Debian people view gNewSense, as a subsegment
of Ubuntu/Debian, or as a fork alien to its origin?  I tried the
Ubuntu IRC and they seemed to be somewhat less than enthusiastic about
gNewSense :-(  Either way - I think that gNewSense is a fanstastic
idea and I very much believe in its future.

Cheers,

Andrei