Re: [gNewSense-users] minutes of an hour

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] minutes of an hour
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 22:51:15 +0000

Alejandro Serrano wrote:

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your mail. I have set up two pages on the wiki to help start
you off.

> I would like to help explaining how to use apt-get and Synaptic, and
Please start here:
http://www.gnewsense.org/Guides/Installing
> maybe I could try to make a small explanation about what Free Software
> means. Also, as I stated in a previous mail, I'm very interested in

http://www.gnewsense.org/Guides/Installing
> setting up a Spanish translation.
Please allow Brian and I to come back to you on this one there are a few
people interested in this.
> I also would like to express my ideas about what people should see when
> they look for help.
This is interesting stuff, can you do it using PmWiki?
> - A start page with gNewSense logo, and links to gNewSense.org, FSF and
> so on
> - A list of every program in the default installation, and to user
> guides of all of them, so help can be easily found. A newcomer could
> find useful a list of which application does something (I mean: "Gimp:
> image editor. [Web page] [User guide]")
> - I would also include a small guide of how-tos about configuring the system
> In addition, maybe we could write a small intro to gNewSense and add it
> as a PDF.

Regards,

Paul