Re: [gNewSense-users] mplayer backports]]

From: Tim Retout
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] mplayer backports]]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:06:31 +0000

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 18:06 +0100, Matthias Lehr wrote:
> IceWeasel and IceDove would be also fine!

I'm just a user making and sharing some unofficial packages - actually,
I'm doing it because people in #gnewsense keep asking about compiling
mplayer, but don't tell anyone that that's the best place to nag me.

So anyway, those are big tasks; I wouldn't want to jump in unprepared
and potentially break build dependencies. I don't know.

Personally, I prefer Debian's approach, using xulrunner. Building
everything against Firefox or Mozilla makes no sense to me. (I tend to
use Epiphany.) So I wouldn't object to importing all of those at once...
it depends how much stuff depends on being built against Firefox.

> Do you have no public key?

I have one on the keyservers; it's not got any signatures, I'm afraid.
Yet another reason not to use my stuff. ;) I'll sign this email with it,
though.

--
Tim Retout <address@hidden>

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at: