[gNewSense-users] ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: [gNewSense-users] ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:31:24 -0600

Anthony Patarini wrote:
I can personally recommend the Asus WL-107G PCMCIA card. I got it off NewEgg for $28, and it's always "Just Worked" with my GNU/Linux systems.

Just to be absolutely clear: are you saying that the ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card will work out of the box on gNewSense GNU/Linux because this wireless card works with free software drivers and free software firmware (or no firmware needed at all)?

If this works out of the box with nothing but free software, I can recommend it to friends and clients trying GNU/Linux for the first time. $30 is remarkably inexpensive to gain one's software freedom, make good use of older laptops, and enjoy wireless computing. I'd love to be able to literally plug in the device, have the system switch to using that as its primary network connection and get online.

Thanks for helping with this information; this is incredibly useful to know.