[gNewSense-users] Mp3 issue (late hit)

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Mp3 issue (late hit)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:54:36 -0500

FWIW, What I posted was mainly to clear up some of the misinformation.

Regardless, we're working under the assumption that everything we
distribute must be truly Free.  Patents get in the way.

Mako wrote:
I think this is a product of exactly the situation you describe: it's
not *really* OK but if you look the other way and don't charge money,
you'll probably be left alone.

Since Gnewsense is trying to take the moral high ground on all these
issues, there's really no way that MP3 can be included IMHO.

+1.