Re: [gNewSense-users] Installation problems

From: Vidyadhar Gadgil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Installation problems
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:24:49 +0530

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 05:30 -0700, Dennis Kibbe wrote:

> Does gpartd not start when you go the manual route?

It seems to want to start up, but goes into deep meditation mode. The
whole procedure till this point runs slow, so I even waited as much an
hour, but no luck.

> Which HDD do you want to install on?

The second one, slave (80 GB).

> It might be helpful to unplug the HDD you don't want for now.

But it recognizes both disks, in fact I get the message telling me to
use a partition of at least 2GB for / and 256 MB for swap.

Could unplug if you really think it's helpful, but I'm really terrified
of hardware, I even have problems changing the light fuse at home when
it conks.

> I assume that both HDDs are connected to the motherboard and not a controller
> card.

D-uh? Will try and figure this out. But FC5, Mandriva 2006 and Ubuntu
Breezy Badger have all been installed on hdb at various times without
any difficulty.

Regards,
Vidyadhar
--