Re: [gNewSense-users] why we started from the distro we started from

From: Dean Linkous
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] why we started from the distro we started from
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:58:26 -0800 (PST)

Happy to have this distro!

I think having Ubuntu as a base may become more and more problematic but considering I am not the one hacking on it what can I say. I do like the fact that Ubuntu is used simply to show that Ubuntu is not free. ;)

I think a debian base may be a good consideration since they will *likely* be closer to free than Ubuntu especially once the firmware issue is taken care of. Debians non-free could just be ignored.

Either way, I am happy with gNewSense and there are other more important issues I think.

Dean