[gNewSense-users] (no subject)

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:53:36 -0500

Janet:

My vote at this time would be for including GPL only.
Linking to CCSA desktop stuff for people to download themselves would be fine.
I think the deciding factor for me is that the GPL clearly identifies
the anomaly in the MSNovell situation and that I do not think that the
CCSA license provides the same defence.

For what its worth I think both sets of licenses have value, and that
we are working within a changing context where it will be difficult to
anticipate a safe license it is good to have both Lessig and
RMS/Moglen working on our freedoms.

I agree we'll have to re-evaulate all of this in about six months when
all of the licenses change versions.

However, what about dual-licensed works?  I don't know how far that
will fly, considering protection is more or less conferred upon the
intersection of the two (or more) rather than the union.

I'm an old sound hacker, and I'm a little out of touch, but still
quite aware of the difficulties. Had to throw out a lot of samples
once I realized I couldn't prove RF status on them.