Re: [gNewSense-users] (no subject)

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 03:19:15 +0000

On 20/11/06, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
"Dave Crossland" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I agree - otherwise you end up with an official section of your
> repositories labelled "non-free", and the OS installation program
> inviting you to use them [0] ;-)
> [0]: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=31126

That's the firmware poll (criticised on debian-project or -vote at
the time, BTW), which doesn't seem a relevant reference for this.

Okay; I'm not that familiar with Debian's lists or processes, but know
what you mean, that its just gossip.

My general point is that the Debian commity is today less committed to
Free Software than Fedora community, and seeing the official outcome
of that vote versus http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis
this appears reflected in the general developer community as well.
(This is in contrast to the historical situation of Debian vs Redhat,
which I've only recently become aware has changed.)

--
Regards,
Dave